CompatTelRunner.exe is an important part of Windows is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. CompatTelRunner.exe is a process which is used to upgrade your system to the latest OS version or other Service Pack upgrades also to determine if there is the possibility of compatibility issues and collects program telemetry information if opted-in to the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program.
But CompatTelRunner.exe often causes problems. So How to Fix CompatTelRunner.exe High Disk Usage in Windows 10? Let’s follow steps below:
1. Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser from Task Scheduler
- Press Windows key + R then type taskschd.msc.
- Open folder and click on Application Experience then click on Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser then click Disable.
2. Uninstall Windows Update KB2976978
- Search on Cortana with type: CMD. Then click Command Prompt.
- Copy and paste in the following command and hit Enter.
dism /online /get-packages | findstr KB2952664
dism /online /remove-package /PackageName:Package_for_KB2952664~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~22.214.171.124
Get-HotFix -id KB2952664
Note: If you see a cannot find hot-fix error, then this update is fully deleted from your PC.