Actually System and Compressed Memory in Windows 10 is a process responsible for various functions related to system and memory for the compression of files and folders and the management of RAM. So the System and Compressed Memory process is only supposed to take up a small amount of CPU and Disk. However, in some cases, the System and Compressed Memory process starts using up 100% of affected users Disks and causing Windows 10 PC/Laptop to become incredibly slow.
How to Fix 100% Disk Usage by “System and Compressed Memory” in Windows 10? follow me with simple steps below to fix it.
1. Disable the Superfetch service from the Services manager
- Press Windows key + R then type services.msc then OK.
- Scroll down then click on Superfetch then click Stop.
- Close then Restart your PC.
2. Disable the System and Compressed Memory process altogether
- Type on Cortana with Control Panel, then open Control Panel. You can use other method to open Control Panel.
- After Open Control Panel, choose System and Security.
- On Administrative Tools, click Schedule Task.
- Expand Task Scheduler to Windows folder.
- Scroll down then click MemoryDiagnostic then click RunFullMemoryDiagnostic then on right side click Disable.
- Close Task Scheduler then Restart PC.